For the holiday season, here is a comforting and easy to make recipe that will get you in mood for Christmas!
1 pot of Christmas wine donuts
- 4 small pears (Bartlett type)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 anise star
- 2 cloves
- 1 bottle of red wine, young and fruity, mid-range will be perfect
- ¾ cup of sugar
- Combine the wine, sugar, cloves, cinnamon stick, anise star, the rest of the donut syrup in a saucepan
- Bring to a boil.
- Peel the pears, keeping the tail.
- Add the pears to the wine and cook over low heat for 15 minutes
- Remove the pears and reduce the wine by half, still on low heat
- Serve the pears and donuts topped with mulled wine. They can also be served with whipped cream!