For all beer lovers, here is a refreshing recipe for ice cream and dark beer donuts, deliciously covered with stout caramel.
- 1 ½ cup of dark beer
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- 1 jar of Foodievores' black beer donuts
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- maple or vanilla ice cream
- 1 jar of frozen whipped topping or 50 cl of whipped cream
Making the stout caramel sauce:
- Boil the beer + maple syrup in a saucepan.
- Reduce the liquid by half over medium heat (about 20 to 30 minutes)
- Add the brown sugar and cook again over low heat for 5 minutes, stirr to melt the sugar
- Set aside
Assembling the dessert:
- Place 2 to 3 scoops of ice cream in the mugs
- On top add a dark beer donut
- Decorate with whipped cream
- Reheat the stout caramel sauce and pour it over the whipped cream
- Enjoy !