A dessert that perfectly combines hot and cold!
- 1 jar of rum donuts
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream or another flavor of your choice
- ⅓ cup of water
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 oz triple sec
- With an ice cream scoop form two scoops of ice cream
- Place each scoop on a donut
- In a small saucepan, heat the water and sugar over medium heat until it bubbles and changes color slightly (the sugar should reach a temperature of 248°F). Remove from fire.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Gently pour the sugar and water mixture over the whipped egg whites and continue beating for 5 minutes (at maximum speed). The preparation should be firm and the bowl lukewarm.
- Using a spatula, coat the ice cream scoops with meringue and form peaks on top.
- Pass under the grill or use a blowtorch to toast the tips
- Flambé with triple sec or another spirit you have.